(688) Padmanaabha-sahodari पद्मनाभसहोदरी - Sister of Vishnu. Under the other path which Mother adopts as Bhogini, She is the sister of Vishnu. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 280
The implied meaning is, that She is like Lord Krishna who was full of dodges and prepared to play all games to suit the highest achievement, viz., protection of the righteous and destruction of the unrighteous.
In the usual scriptural sense, Kaali has been described as the Sister of Vishnu and Spouse of Shiva.
(689) Nirapaayaa निरपाया - Without any in-congeniality. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 186
This name goes to suggest that following Her path will never be harmful, even though there be mistakes and misunderstandings. It is like the popular Indian medicines, which may not work with full efficiency, if something is wrong somewhere, but are so constituted as never to be harmful.
(690) Niratyayaa निरत्यया - Intransgressible. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 187
She is intransgressible. In the matter of whatever She desires to do, none can prevent Her or create an obstruction. None can change Her determination and action. In the matter of what She wants others to do, none can transgress Her command.
(691) Mahaarupaa महारूपा ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 212
She has not only multifarious and varied innumerable forms, but most astounding forms as well, which would carry, to anyone, the conviction, that he is not even a grain of dust on the shore of Infinity and Eternity.
She is Raakendu-vadanaa, Ramaa, Kalaalaapaa, Ratirupaa, Ranat-kinkini-mekhalaa, and Ramanalampataa.
(692) Ramaa रमा ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 313
The mother becomes the Ramaa, the Lakshmi, creating a passion for getting and amassing the wealth. The Scriptures say," She appears like a dancer in the forms of Lakshmi, the giver of wealth." She Herself dances less but makes others dance to the extent and in varieties, both beyond imagination.
(693) Raakendu-vadanaa राकेन्दुवदना With the face like the full moon.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 314
(694) Ratirupaa रतिरूपा - In the form of Belovedness or having the irresistible force of belovedness or in the condition of loving Her devotees or being loved by them.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमामक 315
(695) Ranat-kinkini-mekhalaa रणत्किंकिणिमेखला - She, that causes infatuation through the melodious sound of the tinkling bells of Her girdle. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 312
(696) Kalaalaapaa कलालापा - She, whose most ordinary conversation is tricky and bewitching, and whose speech is enslaving and who has innumerable arts of deceiving and infatuating. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 328
(697) Ramanlamtaa रमणलम्पटा - She, that makes one entirely shameless in the matter of securing and enjoying whatever gives him enjoy-ability and opens out the field for his joy. As stated before, this name explains an aspect as the name Bhogini. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 320
(698) Varadaa वरदा or Avaradaa अवरदा- She is the giver of a boon, which one is unable to see through, whether for immediate good or removing invisible immediate evil. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 639
(699) Nitya-triptaa नित्यतृप्ता or Anitya-triptaa अनित्यतृप्ता - Ever contended or ever dis-contended. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 566
Both these words as also "Mati" are so placed in the text, that one can as well read them with the prefix "A" silent as A-Varadaa, A-Nityatriptaa or A-Mati. Both interpretations are acceptable.
In one sense, She is both the elevating and degenerating discriminative faculty and tendency. It is She that is eternal contentedness, as also dis-contentedness. She is the merit-driving or sinfulness-driving intelligence.
This contrast is well expressed in Sapta-Shati सप्तशती, in Adhyaya अध्याय 4, Shloka श्लोक 5 and Adhyaya अध्याय 11 Shloka श्लोक 5. She, that is peace and prosperity in the homes of the sinless and She that is quarrelsomeness and poverty in the homes of the sinful. By Thee, is this universe under an infatuation and a delusion. When Thou arPleased, , Thou are the conferrer of immediate salvation.
Nityatriptaa नित्यतृप्ता may in the field of devotion also mean "ever contended with what little the devotee does or offers." Or on the other hand, Anityatriptaa अनित्यतृप्ता would mean "always discontented in matters of Her most sublime love and love return and companionship with Her devotees."
(700) Dandanitisthaa दण्डनितीस्था - This one word explains the motive underlying the unusual course that Mother takes in some cases, viz., that suggested by such names as A-Varadaa or A-Mati, i.e., giving the boon which would in reality be an immediate evil or giving the sinfulness-driving intelligence. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 608
As the proverb goes," For the horse, only a little pull of the bridle is enough , but the ass needs cudgels as it would walk straight only so long as the smarting effect of the cudgel-beating lasts."
She, that establishes Her devotees or makes them firmly seated, in the path of morality and restraint by chastisement, if necessary, and makes them stand like an adamantine rock, ready to suffer any punishment for the sake of their morality and principles.
(701) Niyantri नियन्त्री - The Leader. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 568
"Lead me by Thine own hand, choose out the path for me."
"Be Thou my Guide my strength, my wisdom, my all. "
" Lead me from Darkness to Light, from Death to Life."
(702) Mahati महती - As sweet and soothing as the Veenaa or the harp of Naarada. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 774
This third part very aptly ends with Mother described as the harp of Naarada. Naarada is the dearest devotee of Lord Krishna, who raised himself to that status by serving, moving amongst the people of different worlds, and by living ever in the spirit of unconditional self-surrender. His living is doing good to all, which he often does, going out of his way and being friendly even with the sinful and evil-minded. Naarada is the repository of devotion and highest knowledge. He keeps up the devotional strength of the three worlds, breathing and blowing Divine Love, through the musical tones of his harp. He is the universal Counsellor , Inspirer and Initiator of all the lowest to highest souls in the path of spiritual attainment and salvation through the practice of the tenets of Maai-ism, viz., Universal Love, Universal Service, Devotion to God and most cheerful and unconditional self-surrender.
JAYA MAAI JAYA MAARKAND MAAI
MOTHER BLESS ALL.