The groups A to M make up three hundred names corresponding to the well known Tri-Shati with about forty names more to make up for any omissions, wrong pronunciations or wrong understanding of the meanings.
To reduce the number of names for repetition I close the first round with the second part and put up at its end, the last name of the one thousand name in the original text, viz., Lalitaambikaa.
(271) Parameshvari परमेश्वरी - Supreme Ruler. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तो., नाम क्रमांक 396
(272) Adishaktih आदिशक्तिः -The Primordial energy.
The cause of the origin of the universe. ललिता सहस्रमनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 615
(273) Parama-jyotih परमज्योतिः - Most supreme Illuminator.
Giver of light which is much brighter than that of Sun.
The sun shines only when he is illumined by Her. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 806
(274) Parama-dhaama परंधाम -The highest abode which needs no sun, moon or fire. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 807
The sun never illumines that, nor moon, nor fire.
Param Dhaam is the state of consciousness, after reaching which one does not return to the lower consciousness. Stability in such consciousness is the attainment of Mother's supreme abode.
Dhaam is really not a certain place or space but the state of consciousness.
The State of tranquillity, reality, knowledge and bliss represents Mother's abode.
When all differences vanish, including even that of the enjoyer and the enjoyed and sameness is experienced in all the three states of waking, dreaming and sleeping, and when I and myness are squeezed out from every other thing except Mother, that state of consciousness represents Mother's supreme abode.
(275) Paraashaktih पराशक्तिः -The Supreme energy.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 572
" In the human body, five substances, viz., skin, blood, flesh, fat and bones are derived from Shakti. Remaining four substances, viz., marrow, semen, breath and vitality are derived from Shiva. Thus this body consists of nine substances derived from the two origins. The tenth substance which is above nine, and controls them is called Paraa Shakti."
"Energy of whatever kind that is attributed to any substance is called shakti, and Shakti is the ruler of all the different innumerable shaktis. The energized substance is the miniature of Shiva. Those substances which possess energy are the manifestation of Shiva. The wise recognise the energies, in and of substances to be Shaktis."
(276) Anaadi-nidhanaa अनादिनिधना-Having neither beginning nor end.Or, whose devotees reach the stage of no births and no deaths. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 296
(277) Sahasra-shirsha-vadanaa सहस्रशीर्षवदना -Thousand-headed and thousand-faced. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 282
Mother gives Her devotee, the power of thinking and viewing subjects and objects from thousands of angles of vision and expressing his experience in unlimited ways.
This expression means that the devotees of Mother should have a universal outlook. Thousand means unlimited. Mother's devotees must love all, serve all and not bury themselves into a narrow fold.
(278) Sahasra-akshi सहस्राक्षी - Thousand eyed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 283
Mother looks at Her devotees, with unlimited energy of seeing them and with unlimitedly charitable constructiveness in the matter of seeing their differences and deficiencies.
(279) Sahasra-paad सहस्रपाद -Thousand footed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 284
Mother runs to the succour of Her devotees by thousand legs.
(280) Naaraayani नारायणी - The first abode of humanity. She is not the finalmost Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 298
Naaraayana means Vishnu or Shiva; the wife of Shiva or sister of Vishnu is called Naaraayani. There is a saying, "Adoration to Shiva, the husband of Naaraayani." Mother's devotees should not get confused at the references made about relationships. Be it any relation, wife or sister or Mother, it should not be taken to mean anything except oneness. Literally, Naaraayani means She whose first abode is water or She that is the first abode of man.
(281) Bhuvaneshvari भुवनेश्वरी - Ruler of the universe. ललिता सहस्रनातम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 294
This is one of the ten aspects of Mother known as Dasha Mahaa Vidyaas, that are worshipped for different goals. The sound or Beeja Mantra or the seed letter for Her being appeased is Hrim.
(282)Panchapretaasanaasinaa पंचप्रेतासनासीना Seated on the seat(formed) of five corpses. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 249
When deprived of their respective gifts of Shaktis from Mother, the five principal deities are incapable of action and thus deprived of their power, they are like corpses.
The principal deities are Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Shiva and Sadaashiva. Their powers enabling them to be what they are, are Vaamaa, Jeshtaa, Raudri, Shiva and Shakti respectively.
The corpses referred to may also be taken to be Jiva, Prakriti, Buddhi, Ahankaara and Manas.
Mother is, as it were enjoying rest on the bed sheet of the heart of the devotee as if She were taking rest after strenuous work of spiritual uplift of the devotees. When She after a little rest for the final Grace shower looks at Her devotee, one devotee as it became five-fold, or five devotees. Two of these are lost in Her bewitching eyes, one in Her smile and two in Her Lotus Feet. These five devotees are corpses before Mother showers Grace on them by looking, in the sense of being fully devoid of any energy whatever. They are corpses again, after the spiritual unification with Mother, in the sense of having merged their individuality in Mother. Devotees are corpses just before and after communion with Mother.
(283) Vishvarupaa विश्वरूपा Creation. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 256
She that should not be considered as separate from the universe, which is of Her own making.
You can not get the Grace of Mother and act in any way you like, with the universe.
(284) Shrishti-kartri सृष्टिकर्त्री -Creator or creatrix.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 264
(285) Loka-yatraa-vidhaayini लोकयात्राविधायिनी-Directing the course of the fourteen worlds.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 664
Managing the worldly relations and duties and maintenance and smooth running of the worldly life of Her devotees in Her individual capacity.
(286) Agraganyaa अग्रगण्या-First to be counted upon and remembered in all happiness and misery.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 553
(287) Kalyaani कल्याणी-Beneficent. Showering permanent and eternal final welfare. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 324
Just as the cow is nourished during the day with the repeated chewing of the tender grass, so the devotee is nourished by the repetition of Mother's name and remembrance.
Permanent nourishment is Kalyaan and that one begins to have as soon as he comes in contact with Mother's devotees.
(288) Vedajanani वेदजननी-Mother of the Vedas. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 338
Mother of all scriptures of all religions. This name establishes the superiority of Love of God to the most profound knowledge of the sacred lore. Vedas, the fountain of universal Divine Knowledge, have come to existence, as a breathing by Her. Individual divine knowledge arises as a result of the waking up and hissing of Mother, in the shape of Kundalini the serpentine power, residing in each individual body.
Tukaram when greatly harassed by Pandits said, "You know Vedas but I have caught the Lotus Feet of the Father of Vedas." Similarly Mother is described here as Mother of Vedaas, the shower-er of divine and spiritual knowledge, on universes and individuals.
(289) Ambikaa अम्बिका- The Mother. This Mother is not the Finalmost Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 295
Motherly aspect which has a larger portion of Ichchha Shakti, with a just necessary portion of Jnana and of Kriyaa Shakti, is known as Ambikaa.
As already explained, prisons are also of king's making. Similarly, Ambikaa (besides perfection ) also means deceit, sleep and night. Prisons are there as also guesthouses. The whole thing depends on the class of book, in which you are with the Royal Majesty.
The devotee has however not only the right to the guest house but to the palace itself. For them, that approach God as a mother, not simply the guest house or the palace, but even the harem ever open.
The night is the great Shakti, and the day is Shiva. One of the agencies of Shakti is Maayaa. She is the great deceiver. Another agency ruling the world is sleep. Night creates darkness and destroys the day, and is a consumer of the life of the beings in the world.
That sleep has enshrouded even Vishnu. When Brahmaa was assailed by two demons, he sought the help of Vishnu, but Vishnu could not get up being under the influence of sleep. He then prayed for Mother to remove Vishnu's sleep. One has said," I praise the divine sleep of Vishnu, of unequalled power, the ruler of the Universe, the supporter of the world, and the cause of the preservation and destruction."
(290) Guhaambaa गुहाम्बा -The Mother in the cavity of heart.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 706
This cavity of a heart may receive and harbour light as also shadow and this is dependent on Mother's Grace.