GROUP BAfter describing the important seat of Mother, as in sacrifices and the hearts of devotees, with a view to impressing the idea that Mother is everywhere the prominent places of Her residence are mentioned. Here She is described, as from a distance and as talked in the third person. In Group A, although described in the third person the prominent idea is that of meditation and as talking with Her in the second person.
(51) Sumeru-madhya-shringasthaa सुमेरूमध्यश्रृंगस्था -Dwelling on the middle peak on golden Mount Sumeru. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 55
(52) Shriman-nagara-naayikaa श्रीमन्नगरनायिका - Resident and Ruler of the beautiful city. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 56
(53) Chintaamanigrihaantasthaa चिंतामणिगृहान्तस्था - Residing in a house built of Chintaamani. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 57
Chintaamani is that jewel which yields all the objects desired to the possessor, as soon as he meditates on Mother and makes the demand about the thing desired.
(54) Mahaapadmaatavisamsthaa महापद्माटवीसंस्था - Residing in the great forest of lotuses.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 59
(55) Kadambavanavaasini कदम्बवनवासिनी - Living in a grove of Kadamba trees.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 60
The place of Chintaamani is surrounded by a gallery formed of gems (Manimandapa), and around this is the grove of Kadamba trees.
(56) Sudhaasaagara-madhyasthaa सुधासागरमध्यस्था - Residing in the centre of the ocean of nectar, with which the city is surrounded.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 61
Some of the principal places of Her residence are enumerated as:-
(1) Mountain, (2) City, (3) Happy home, (4) Lotus forest (5)Kadamba groves and (6) Ocean.
Mountain is golden and miraculously herbed. The city is full of civilization. Home is a seat of sacrificing, fraternal and parental love and sheltering place for guests, hungry, distressed, etc. Forests represent renunciation. Groves represent sportivity. Ocean represents immortality.
Thus She is prominently present wherever there is an overpowering ness of Royalty, Civility, Hospitality, Sportivity and immortality, affording a happy and wonderful combination of even contrasts.
(57) Kaamaakshi कामाक्षी -Lovely eyed.She to whom Her devotees are as dear as Her own eyes.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 62
(58) Kaamadaayini कामदायिनी -The fulfiller of desires. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 63
(59) Svaddhina Vallabhaa स्वाधीनवल्लभा - She by whose devotion a lady becomes the master of her husband. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 54
This is so because she fills his heart with love for her and for her Mother. Such a devotee is full of love for her husband. She regains her husband though lost.
The Mantra " Jaya Maarkand Maai Jay Maarkand Maai Svaadhina Vallabhe Jaya Maarkand Maai Jaya Maarkand Maai " [ जय मार्कण्डमाई जय मार्कण्डमाई स्वाधीनवल्लभे जय मार्कण्ड माई जय मार्कण्डमाई ।। ] has wonderfully achieved the desired result. Maai devotees must, however, be very careful, not to abuse powers nor to hope any success in illegitimate desires. The Mantra would be successful if the repeaters are faithful and obedient to their husbands. Maai will relieve you speedily of your honest grievance, provided you are humble and righteous.
Another meaning is She by whose devotion a wife regains her husband from overwhelming clouds of misery and distress or from the clutches of some higher powers.
( Saavitri सावित्री, Sachi शची and Sukanyaa सुकन्या are instances in Hindu Mythology.)
(60) Devarshigana sanghaata stuyamaanaatma vaibhavaa
देवर्षिगणसंघातस्तूयमानात्मवैभवा - Her power is praised by the assemblies of multitudes of Devaas and Rishis.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 64
Mother is "lovely-eyed" and "fulfiller of all desires ." Mother is a wonderful player in both fields of opposites so that She is equally praised by Devaas full of desires and greatness and abundance of all enjoyments, as also by Rishis the masters of Siddhis, divine knowledge, meditation and renunciation, etc.
Name Group B is therefore this:-
Bewitching-eyed, desire-fulfiller, husband's heart and love securing, the praised and prayed for by the most praised and prayed.
Names described till now are 12 introductory, 12 hair to neck, 14 neck to Lotus Feet, 7 general, 6 residence, and 4 more names as above. They make up a list of 60 names, which fall under the main group of "The Mother."
JAY MAI, MOTHER BLESS ALL